Things again. Things it is. And another month has passed. Wow.
Super hot days, and getting freezing nights going on here. Pretty crazy how things can change from day to night.
And 10 weeks of pregnancy left! Countdown is ON!
We’ve really been having a great summer. I’m not really looking forward to its end, but I suppose ‘all good things shall come to an end’, as they say. Fall is great too. Really. Here are some pictures of what’s been going down with us:
- Adam Bede, by George Eliot. I’ve yet to finish the book, but if you like classics, and love words – grab this book. It took me awhile to get into it, but now I’m stuck. It’s pretty dang good.
- Modcloth.com. Seriously. Get into it. Cute and quirky clothes, shoes, accessories, and house stuffs! Downside=Duty taxes when shipping to Canada. But if you can make it past those taxes, you are home free! So much cool stuff.
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Great movie. Hubby and I rented it, not knowing if we’d enjoy it or not. Conclusion: We both LOVED it. It was really great! Hard to explain without giving away the plot, so just watch it. It’s a really well done movie.
- These super easy-looking diy slippers! What a great gift idea!
- The World’s Best Chocolate Oatmeal Cake. Can you say ‘divine’? Because that’s how to describe this. It’s super moist, yummy cake, with an oh-so-fudge-y frosting. I’ve made two in the last three weeks… And it’s been raved about.
Things. Things seem to take up my time. And summer just seems to go by much too quickly. Crazy. Cael will be THREE next week. Which means we are already nearing the end of July. Somehow. It just started… didn’t it? I know you don’t need me reminding you, but – WOW. It’s just flying by. Can I also say that I only have 16 weeks of pregnancy left?! Wow. Number three is flying along.
Which leads me to…. A belly picture!
And some boy pictures!
Now to the THINGS!
- This cute end table. It’s small, cute, and has a basket! (Not to mention, it’s also on sale!)
- Little boy snuggles. After my boys wake up, they generally need a bit of quiet time to get used to being awake again. I keep realizing how big they’re getting, and how quickly. So I’m absorbing as much snuggle time as I can get.
- Mommy’s Me Time blog. Amber is mama to a 2 1/2 year old, 1 1/2 year twins and is pregnant again! And she is the sweetest lady. Always encouraging words, pointing to God, giving reminders… I could go on forever. If you are a young mom, check her out!
- Fresh-picked STRAWBERRIES! They have got to be one of my favourite things about summer. So sweet, juicy, and lovely. And oh, the things to make with them! Jam, shortcake, smoothies. Yum.
- This lovely maxi dress. I’ve gotta get me one, or similar. Super flattering, great colours, and sooo good for summer.
So many lovely things. Check ’em out.
So. As I can’t seem to post regularly, let’s just get to the point and say… I cannot post regularly. It seems an impossibility. And that’s alright. I was thinking today, one of the main reasons I started this blog, was to feel like I still had something to do and say other than babies. It was right after Cael was born, I had just finished university, and my life had made a drastic change from university and work… to everything baby. This blog kept me sane. And while I still love it, and it might become a sanity-thing for me again in the future, right now it’s just a thing I do when I feel like it. No pressure. Anyhow. That was my HUGE realization of the day, after feeling bad (once again), for not posting. Ever.
But here’s how I make it up to you. With wedding cakes, wedding pictures, and the cutest boys ever!
Oh. And some wonderful news!
Baby numero three will be joining us early November! That was worth waiting for, eh?
On to the cake. This was for one of my best friends ever. And she had free-reign over what kind of cake she could have. Obviously. She was the bride. But this was epic. For me anyway. Three-tiered goodness. Chocolate cake sandwiched with peanut butter cream cheese frosting. Followed by white cake with a lemon curd filling. And topped with white on white. All completely covered in white and daisies. Super cute, super yummy. What more could you want? Really.
Another cool this about this wedding was that I got to travel to a warmer place. All the way to North Carolina. Which was pretty cool. Actually, it was wonderfully warm. Especially since it hasn’t gone over 10C here in weeks (except for that one random day).
Sarah was a beautiful bride in her lovely lace dress. So gorgeous. Got to meet up with another best friend that I hadn’t seen in quite awhile (you’ll remember her from this wedding cake). Which was super great. Super duper great.
Since then, we’ve had my birthday, a trip to the zoo, and rain.
And that’s that! Maybe next time I’ll have some belly pictures and a recipe for ya! That’d be nice, eh? Maybe. Here’s to hoping.
*Cael found the 3D glasses from a movie. Bug eyes!
*Jude eating breakfast like a champion
I haven’t forgotten about this. A new series designed to make me post more frequently. Weekly, was actually my goal. Has it worked? Partly. It’s been more than a week, but it hasn’t been the months that have often come and gone between posts. More food soon folks, (promise?).
As I’ve said many times, life is busy. But everybody tends to be busy. All in unique ways, but all still busy. So how can I possibly use that excuse? Well, I’m just going to use it anyway. Life is also good. It’s FREEZING outside, but the sun is shining and two handsome boys are having a much-needed nap. I’m looking forward to sunshine and warm weather though, deary me, it’s been a longg winter. But the snow has also been great. So pretty, and great to play in (not that I’ve taken advantage of that nearly enough). Oh, to have the energy of a child who can play for hours in the snow. I loved doing that. Forts, tunnels, you name it, we build it out of snow.
On to the things.
- The Baker Chick. If you haven’t heard of her, GO CHECK HER OUT. RIGHT NOW. She’s a sweetie, with an adorable new baby boy, and some of the best food on the planet. Not to mention gorgeous photos. Last week I made these awesome Gooey Meyer Lemon Sweet Rolls (but with oranges of course, I just cannot seem to follow a recipe). They were phenomenal. My yeasted dough turned out awesome! Which is always a treat, as I find it hard to get stuff to raise in my too-cold house. And they were just awesome. The cream cheese frosting is the game-breaker. So good.
- Bogs. These are the best boots ever. I got a pair for my birthday last year after I wore my brother’s half the winter (he somehow forgot them while he was away to school – score!). They are fantastic. Like a rain boot, but good up to -40F. Waterproof and ssooooo comfortable. Most certainly worth the price. They will last me my life. They don’t have the ones that I got anymore, but they’re similar to the Classic Boot, but in teal.
- This is my next DIY project, for in my kitchen. Sharpie, white paper and a black frame, all set and ready to go.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 – “Give thanks in all circumstances; for the is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you”. To be thankful all the time. That’s a hard one. But is certainly makes sense.
- The Secret of Platform 13. This is one of my all-time favourite books. I’ve read and re-read it probably 10 times. It’s a kids book, but I just love the fantasy aspects. It is great. I could rave about it forever… I’m a sci-fi, fantasy fan… so if you don’t enjoy that type of things, you may not like it. Easy read though. Super duper easy.
And that is that. I’ll get working on making something wonderful to share with y’all.
… Pictures though, of course. Here they be: My beautiful boys.