Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
So, tis the season… For pumpkin that is! I love how the different seasons bring their own tastes, ingredients, aromas, and feels. Right now, I could do with pretty much pumpkin anything. The other day, I made a Dutch Pumpkin Apple Crisp (so good!), I’m currently craving a Pumpkin Spice Latte, I’m planning on making Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares this weekend, and TODAY I made Pumpkin Cranberry Bread. As I said, pumpkin everything – literally. If I had a pumpkin candle, you can be sure that would be lit in the kitchen too (what a good idea!).
So, I thought I’d share my very first recipe on foreverfaithandfood (now on Whisks and Wooden Spoons)! Hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Cranberry Bread recipe!
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp each ginger, cloves, and nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, sugars, and vanilla. Mix well. Add the flour, salt, baking powder & soda, and spices. Mix until flour is moist. Stir in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- If you want to change it up a bit, substitute fresh cranberries for the dried. OR, you can omit the cranberries, and add raisins, chocolate chips, or pecans.
- If you want a slightly healthier version, use 1/4 cup apple sauce and 1/4 cup oil, instead of just oil, and cut back on the sugar by using only 1/2 cup total. You can also use a low-cal sweetener, but use less of it than you would sugar.
If you like pumpkin, check out my Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares!
Hope you all enjoy it!!
- Pumpkins too « foreverfaithandfood - [...] out my Pumpkin Cranberry Bread if you enjoy [...]
- Blueberries « foreverfaithandfood - [...] For more baking with fruits and veggies, check out this pumpkin recipe! [...]
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares - Whisks and Wooden Spoons - […] « Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Double Chocolate Chip Cookies » […]