No-Machine Ginger Ice Cream
Have you ever had ginger ice cream?
Well, first I must ask, do you like ginger? Because if you don’t, you won’t like this. However, if you do – this is going to be your go-to ice cream.
First off – no ice cream machine = no problemo. I do not have counter (or cupboard) space for an ice cream machine at this point, as awesome as they are. In comes no-machine or no-churn ice cream, and we have zero problem! It freezes up like a dream! Scoops like store-bought ice cream. It’s wayy creamier than most store bought ice creams (because it’s made with actual whipping cream – lots of it!). It’s not the same as store-bought. But that’s okay. It might be better-er. Especially when you throw in some ginger. Wow.
Has anyone ever had ice cream that is spicy? This is it. You have cold (the ice part), creamy (that’d be the cream – duh), sweet and spicy (the sweetened condensed milk and ginger, respectively)! It’s a party on your taste buds.
There is a local ice cream shop around here that makes homemade ginger ice cream. That’s where this idea was born. Can I have ginger ice cream at home!? With only FIVE ingredients?! Sure thang.
It’s super easy. And there are so many options, if you really don’t like ginger. We’ve made cookie dough, vanilla, and vanilla with chocolate shavings. (Cookie dough is also amazing, because you can put ALL the dough in there. Basically cookie dough, with a bit of ice cream.) I’m thinking bubble gum for the kiddos next.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 x 3 inch nub of ginger
- Place ginger in food processor, and process until it's in small chunks (like skor bit-sized, or a bit smaller).
- Whip your cream, until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, ground ginger, and vanilla, gently.
- Add ginger, and fold again.
- Place in a 9 x 9 or loaf pan.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- You can add more or less ginger, as to your liking. The size of your chunks of ginger - also up to you!
*Boys hanging on the trampoline eating popsicles
Recipe linked up on Buns in My Oven