No Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream
I know! You guys are all going to go into shock – what with two posts in a week!
I hope you get why I wasn’t posting though… This whole pregnant thing. Well. Let’s just say it hasn’t gotten easier. I’m sicker, longer-every time, I swear. Third trimester has me all happy and shouting for joy that I feel normal again! (Other than the growth of my body in certain areas.) Finally though, I have some motivation and focus back. Feels great.
So! We’re back in ice cream mode. Kind of.
We want to be anyhow. The weather here teases us with a day of warmth and sunshine, only to get cold and damp for a week or two following.
Ice cream is good, no matter what the weather though. Especially if you can make it yourself, without a machine, and put the desired amount of cookie dough in it (ie – more cookie dough than ice cream?).
Anybody else indulge in ice cream as a midnight snack, perhaps a bit too frequently? Or is it just me, and my pregnant self? I must say, cookie dough is probably my go-to. If I don’t know what kind to pick (I’m a terrible decider-of-things at times), I fall back on good ole chocolate chip cookie dough. Yum.
Anyhow. We’ve made this quite a few times, and normally, I don’t put the whole batch of dough in the ice cream. This time, we put it allll in. And there was bascially as much dough as ice cream. Which, to me, sounds like a pretty good deal. Hubby thought maybe I had gone a little crazy (a little MORE crazy, most likely). But it’s up to you. If you have dough left over, freeze it – use it in your next batch. There’s totally enough for two batches if you are a sane ice cream + cookie dough eater. I like the 1:1 ratio though. It’s kind of like my 1:1 ratio for cake to icing. It’s gotta be even. Some of each in every bit. Y’get my drift?
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp cup milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Beat margarine and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low-speed (or stir by hand) until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Pop in the freezer for 10-15 minutes for easier handling.**
- Roll into 1/2" balls, or preffered size for in your ice cream.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks. Fold in sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla.
- Fold in cookie dough, and pour into a 9x9 or loaf pan.
- Cover and freeze, for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- I used a chocolate bar with caramel pieces (chopped up) for the pictures in this recipe. I've made it with chocolate chips too, though. I'd say use whatever yummy kind of chocolate you can get your hands on!
- **If you run out of time, you don't have to pop it in the freezer, it just might be a little harder to make into little balls.
Need more ice cream recipes? Check these out: