For the Love of Lists – Week 8
First of all, I’m sad to announce that I have [finally] taken to wearing pants instead of shorts. *Insert terribly sad face here.* What a great summer! But alas, fall has come, and I actually forgot about some of my pants. Surprise! Pants that I didn’t know I had. Plus, I bought new socks. So, we’re good, Fall. Truce. I love fall too.
The boys woke up last Thursday morning (first day of fall), crept into the room I was in, and whispered, “Is it fall yet?!” Like, it’s fall guys, not Christmas! Too funny. Of course, I said yes, and they went off whispering to each other, “I told you!”.
We had gone outside a bit later that morning and they asked why all the leaves hadn’t changed colour and fallen down yet.
It IS fall, you know, Mom.
Yes, boys. But leaves take time to change and fall. It doesn’t all happen at once.
They had counted down the days for a week, waiting for the seasons to change, and the leaves to fall. Cael was so excited.
Oh, to be a kid.
Anyhow. There’s a little story to hopefully brighten your day.
We’ll move on to the lists! We be talkin’ about snacks, clothes, cards, etc. this week! I really hope you’re enjoying the lists – I love making them.
- Easy and healthy kid snacks here.
- These greeting cards! (And this one!) I love cards. They are just sooo much cooler than I am.
- I wrote an article on Buzzfeed. I’d love for you to check it out, share it, give it some love. I may try another soon.
- Anybody starting their Christmas shopping yet? Because I’d realllly love to get this cake cookbook! It looks amazing! (I stumbled on this one when I was linking up the last one <—- it also looks awesome!)
- If you’ve ever thought about blogging (especially food blogging), this article is pretty good! Written by Deb from the Smitten Kitchen (an absolutely scrumptious blog!).
- Can’t have a list without a few food items. This Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle sounds divine. It’s about the time of year to make Pumpkin Cranberry Bread too.
- I made these Oatmeal Date Cookies this week. They’re a go-to. And they are soo yummy. Breakfast, anyone?
- One last item. You should all know that I love Anthropologie. This design on all of these things. It was love at first sight. Everything is soo pretty! Can you imagine the wallpaper?! A whole wall of pretty!
If you’re interested in seeing more lists, head on over to the Lists for Days page! They should all be there, including my ‘Things’ posts from the old blog.
*Jude showing off his pie, and fantastic smile. We bought fall leaf sprinkles. They boys thought for a week that they should go on top of everything. In copious amounts. 🙂