For the Love of Lists – Week 5
List: (noun) A bunch of crazy things Kayleigh has found on the internet lately and feels she should share with the world, written down, typically one below the other. (Because how else can you do it on a blog post? Post-it notes have so many more options – in the margins, sideways, upside-down even! Anywhere writing will fit.)
I hope you all had a great long weekend. We spent it soaking up more sun, and loving time spent with Daddy home. We went to an outdoor play Sunday, which was pretty amazing, and had a picnic the day before. Yesterday, we went to the local winery and picked buckets of blueberries. I’d say we had a pretty fantastic weekend!
Here is a compilation of craziness for this week:
- Foodgawker. It’s a food-lovers-bliss kind of a site. Beautiful pictures of food. And guess what? I’ve finally been getting photos accepted on Foodgawker! Which is super exciting! I’ve been submitting on and off since I started Forever Faith and Food, around 5 years ago, and hadn’t gotten a picture accepted until this month! If you want to find me on there, search by submitter: KayleighP
- I’m continuing to share my weaknesses with you. Lavender. Pinterest it a witness to my weakness and absolute love of infusing all the baked things with lavender. I know it sounds weird, but trust me. It’s amazing. Check out this cheesecake, these scones, and this cake. SO good. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.
- Floral tastes take two. This is my most favourite tea ever. And it has a great floral note of lavender. David’s Tea is pretty amazing.
- NERD ALERT! Something I kind of normally keep to myself (though I’m sure many people presume this to be true), is that I’m a huge nerd. To hail to that, I’m going to include this link for a DIY Tardis Pumpkin. Pumpkin season is coming and we need new ideas to decorate them. This is the best idea ever! (In case you didn’t know, the Tardis is a flying police box, flown by Dr. Who. Everyone really should know that.)
- One thing I am really looking forward to as we head into the change of seasons (though, so help me, it won’t happen until Fall is official), is tunic/long shirts and leggings. I’ve got this theory that a mom came up with this outfit. Because it’s the most comfortable and stylish-feeling combo ever, in my books. Old Navy has some great tunics, not to mention affordable! This one is my favourite, followed by this, and this dressier, but still relaxed number. (Those first two are under $20, just so you know…)
Have a great week!
**Here’s an extra link for those cookies pictured above. The boys helped make them (drop cookies – wuttttt!), and the easy piped icing makes them look pretty fantastical. Bakerella’s Sugar Cookies. Yum.