For the Love of Lists – Week 20
I know, I know. It’s been more than 20 weeks. But this is the 20th list, anyhow.
Last week we were basically storm-stayed all week, plus a bout of the stomach flu through 4/5 of us. It was a crazy week. All I wanted was comfort food (MAC AND CHEESE), and warm sweaters. This week, we’re up in the double-digit temperatures and I’m thinking spring thoughts. Weather. Funny how it directs your thoughts, eh?
This list is going to contain a little of both seasons. Spring really is coming, maybe sometime soon, maybe not, depending on where you live/what direction the weather decides to take.
- Comfort food! Meatballs. This recipe is a freezer recipe – great for taking to new moms, or for yourself on a busy weeknight!
- Goulash. I think this should be every kids most favourite food. It was (and still is) one of mine. So good. So easy. Definitely kid-friendly.
- Brown Butter Sugar Cookies. Because: yum.
- I love a long sleeved dress. Throw on a pair of cute tights or leggings and you are comfy and warm, and look dressed up! I really kind of like the open-shoulder fad going on right now.
- On the other hand, I also really love a great flowy tank with a sweet print for the feel of spring.
- If anyone is in search of a great pair of winter/rain boots (two-in-one!), you need a pair of Bogs. The Classic High Insulated boots are amazing. I’ve had mine for a few years, and they are still in great shape, and keep my feet warm (winter) and dry (winter/spring). They also have great neutral colours, or amazing patterned boots – depending on your preference.
- Any other moms out there have some hard days/weeks every once in awhile? Give this a read. Great encouragement.
- Warm Molasses Milk. Intriguing. I need to get my hands on some blackstrap molasses so I can try this out. If you don’t like molasses, try this Hot Sweet Milk.
**Throwback to my sweet little baby girl (who is growing up oh-so fast!)