For the Love of Lists – Week 11
**This post may contain affiliate links. Don’t worry about them – they don’t cost you anything! I just get a percentage of the sale of whatever it might be. Thanks!**
We have been continuing to keep our selves crazy busy. (I don’t think it’ll ever end. As much as I hate to say it – I’m kind of looking forward to some snow to keep us storm-stayed.) I just cannot believe that we’re making our way into the latter half of October.
I was grocery shopping [very late] last week one evening, and the staff at the store was putting all the Halloween stuff on sale and bringing out the Christmas things! That being said, I think Costco has had a bunch of their Christmas stock out for almost a month! I’m NOT ready for that yet!
I have lots of stuff to share this week. I was busy on the internet searching for things. Always searching.
I’m having a Steeped Tea party on Saturday with some lovely ladies, so I’m looking for recipes for that night. Briar’s birthday is fast approaching, and girly cakes (!!) are exciting to me. I’m still deciding on a dress to sew Briar, and quilt patterns, meal recipes, etc. You name it, I’m searching the web for it.
- Here are a couple of books (fiction novels) that I thought looked good enough to read. They’re on my to-read list.
- In the Unlikely Event, by Judy Blume
- Voracious: A Hungry Reader Cooks Her Way through Great Books, by Cara Nicoletti
- Today Will be Different, by Maria Semple
- While we’re on a reading kick, I also thought these two books looked great in a thought-provoking and encouraging kind of way:
- A tea party = Scones, right? What kind though? Maple Date, Peach Cobbler, Blueberry Lavender, Apple Ginger. The options are endless. Help!
- Blow-your-mind diy: Paper Marbling with shaving cream and food colouring. It’s SO COOL. I might just go use all hubby’s shaving cream. Seriously though, even if you aren’t interested in doing it – go look at it! It’s beautiful!
- I’m always on the hunt for jackets. Mostly because they get worn so stinking much here. Cape-style (mustard!), long and burgundy, moto jacket (mustard again!), gray blazer, red tweed, and a navy peacoat.
- IKEA‘s new 2017 catalog is now available!! I LOVE devouring the pages of their yearly catalogs. They really do have some awesome products, and the layouts of the rooms in the catalogs are amazing! You can get one for free in the mail. Do it. Such a good look-book.
There you have it! Random bits of stuff.
**Fall colours everywhere! Photo credits to hubby.